- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt (a pinch)
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- (1) 9 in. pie shell
- Cream butter and sugar
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth
- Add vanilla, mix well
- Add flour and salt, mix well
- Add buttermilk and mix until thoroughly combined
- Pour mixture into pie shell – just to the top.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Allow pie to set before serving.
- Store in refrigerator, covered.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Buttermilk Pie, Homemade, Homemade Pie, Pie Recipe, Vintage Recipe