Arizona Sunshine Lemon Pie, also known as Sunshine Pie, Sunshine Lemon Pie, or Whole Lemon Blender Pie is a lemon-lovers dream and absolutely simple to make.
This pie can be served warm, at room temperature, or chilled. I prefer a chilled lemon pie.
Tip: I think that glass pie plates work best for this recipe.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Roll pie crust into pie dish, set aside
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash lemon, then cut in half or quarters – do not peel. Remove all seeds.
- Place lemon into blender
- Add to blender: butter, vanilla, eggs, and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes
- Place mixing bowl into refrigerator twenty minutes ahead of time
- Pour cream into cold bowl
- Add sugar
- Mix until high peaks form
- Spread or dollop onto pie
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake